Thursday, August 21, 2014

"Fishing Nets" series


Nets and Floats

Nets and Floats 2
With the sale of my painting, Raising the Nets, I pulled out my AquaBord and started another in the series.  I was so excited to get going on the painting that I forgot to follow my steps of placing the webbing according to the design I wanted to achieve.  I remembered that I wanted to masque certain areas which I did around and over the webbing, which should have been done before.  I proceeded to spray with my concentrated watercolor pigments and let it dry.  Well, I left out the step of wetting the entire surface before sprayiing.  I really like the darker, brighter pigments which resulted but some of the lights in the nets didn't come through. Because the Dr. Ph. Martin Hydrus watercolors are staining, I might not be able to lift as much as I had originally intended.

Rather than stop, I started another painting with a similar design.  I believe this one will allow me to add stronger pigments where I want them.  Hope you will stay tuned to see where I go from here.  Any comments?

Now I can develop the details......

Diana
www.diana-nadalart.com

P.S.  I usually have several paintings going at one time so I can keep myself from overworking an area that is still wet.

No comments:

Post a Comment