Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Day 6 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Day 6  5 Ravens on Guard
6x6 on Watercolor 300 lb.
When I was studying the background I wasn't sure I could come up with anything but took it to Joe, my husband, to see if he saw anything.  He saw an image or two and he reminded me that I haven't done a crow or raven in my bird series.  We looked at photos from around our neighborhood when we walk as well as a trip to Eastern Oregon.  I just couldn't resist painting these five Ravens. There actually were more -- each perched on the end of a branch on this huge tree.  I will have to do a painting with more detail of a Raven soon.  I decided to add white at various places on the branches and on the birds themselves for a finishing touch.   I think I get my computer back tomorrow so I'll be back on track hopefully.
Ravens On Guard

No comments:

Post a Comment