Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Dragonfly Paradise

 

 Day 15
30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge Leslie Saeta
Watercolor sprayed over webbing on Yupo
13x20
$650.00 (Click the link to buy on website under Galleries, 30 Paintings in 30 Days) www.diana-nadalart.com

Dragonflies are such mysterious insects.  They are beautiful and if we are lucky we will see them in our yards on a regular basis.  When I decided to paint this insect I researched photos on the internet to find the species that flies around our pool in the summertime. There were so many beautiful colors. Thanks to permission by Jim Johnson, whose photographs are amazing of dragonflies in their habitat,  I chose this one to fit with the colors in my webbing which had been painted previously.  I had to use my artistic license to get him to standout from the background.

Visit my website and sign up for my Newsletter by checking "Add to Contact List."  One person will win their choice of 5 fine art cards in a random drawing for signing up during the period of January/February. 





No comments:

Post a Comment