Monday, January 27, 2014

Clink

Day 27 
30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge with Leslie Saeta
Watercolor on Fabriano Artistico 300 lb Hot Press
One of my favorite things to paint is wine glasses.  When we were in France staying at Maison Blanche our host had the tradition each evening before dinner to have a special drink where we would clink with our host to insure we wouldn't be poisoned.  It was fun to know the history behind the "clink" as well as enjoying some very fine wines from the area.

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I see you also like to paint reflections and shadows. I think they are fascinating to find in everything. I especially like to paint reflections in Nature but since we live in Oregon wine country I've had the opportunity to paint wine for one of the boutique vineyards several years ago. I took a break from that -- too much pressure but am going to start again. Thanks for your comment.

      Delete