Sunday, January 10, 2016

Day 10 30 Paintings in 30 DaysSt

I really liked the flowers on this shoe and had an idea which had to be changed because my blues got too dark.  That's life when you paint.  Now could I make this a "happy" mistake.  As I've said before Dr. Ph. Martin Hydrus watercolors are staining -- especially the darker pigments.  Even though these are diluted when sprayed they take to the clay surface and penetrate it so even though it can be lifted with scrubbing without damaging the surface, I didn't want to go there.  So I let the colors be the colors of the flowers on the shoe.  I did lift out the whites as much as possible and brought out more brilliant pinks for the toe.  The webbing suggests crystals like frost so that gave me the idea for which the name reflects -- this shoe is stepping out of winter into spring.  I'm happy with the result and the flowers will have to emerge on another shoe some day -- maybe even during the Challenge.




Stepping into Spring Pump  Watercolor 6x6 AquaBord 2" Cradle

No comments:

Post a Comment