Sunday, January 31, 2016

Day 31 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge Collages


Yeah --  I did start 3 days into the Challenge and reworked two of my paintings but I managed to get 27 completed.  It was really fun painting them, fun getting likes and comments from people on Facebook that I know and new friends who were following me as well.  I'm looking forward to viewing the artists who participated  on the Challenge blog because when you put them altogether it is really fun to see.

All these paintings are 6x6 except the Ballerina Toe Shoes (20x16) and the Orange and Black Striped Pump is 12x12.  

I like to paint on different surfaces so some are on 
AquaBord 2" cradle
Yupo
Marbled Paper I had done a couple of summers ago on different kinds of paper,
Old paintings were revived by cropping the part I liked for the painting
I love to paint on Fabriano 300 lb paper the best when using Dr. Ph. Martin Hydrus Watercolors.

Most of these will have to be sealed before mounting on a 2" or 3" cradle. The Yupo paintings actually look better under acrylic or glass.  I could put any of the ones on watercolor paper under glass in a frame as well.  We'll have to see if the potential buyers want something specific then I can accommodate their wishes.  I do have three other shoe paintings done this past year which are also available and are mounted and sealed already.

I'm thinking of doing a poster print or some other way of reproducing a grouping of the shoes, not necessarily all 27.  I might also do a calendar for 2017 if any of you are interested, please let me know.


Diana Nadal Shoe Collage

No comments:

Post a Comment