Saturday, January 23, 2016

Day 23 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

It was somewhat of a challenge to get the right shoe to work with this background because parts of the background I wanted to highlight the pump.  I'm not sure where I would wear this pump but what a kick it would be to have a pair.  There were several catchy phrases which popped into my mind but I thought I should reject them when it comes to flames and putting out the fire.....

Anyway, I had to really lay on the jeune brilliant to have it show up on the darker background -- many layers and then finding two colors to blend with it to delineate the shadows and darker colors on the insole.  All in all it was a lot of detail work but I'm happy with the result. I think I'll resign it -- signature looks a little weak.

Hope you like it too.
Blazing Pump  6x6 Watercolor on Fabriano 300 lb

No comments:

Post a Comment