Sunday, January 17, 2016

Day 17 30 Paintings in 30 Days ChallengeLittle

This is a painting I started about a month ago.  There was light coming from two sources and I had to decide which source I was going to use to finish the painting.  The aquabord surface often takes the paint differently when adding layers of watercolor washes.  I did quite a few before I could get the floor dark enough to make the shoes shine.  I might still have some tweaking to do in the shoes themselves but am happy with the floor and background.  We will see what my critique group has to say tomorrow.

I really do appreciate Lindsey Curry sharing this photo of her daughter's toe shoes for me to paint.  She owns a Footnotes dance studio in Ceres CA.  We have become friends through Visi and she also is a very good photographer..

I can either put it behind glass if it is going to an exhibition or will seal it so it can be framed without glass.


Little Ballerina Toe Shoes  20x16 Watercolor on AquaBord

No comments:

Post a Comment