Sunday, January 24, 2016

Day 24 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

I was excited to paint this pump today because I personally like to wear a sling heel and have an open toe.  Turquoise is one of my favorite colors on my palette as well.  I decided to take a look in my old paintings to see if there were any good backgrounds to use the rest of the way in the Challenge.  Yeah, I found quite a few to use.  The problem with this background was I didn't realize that there was still fluid on the paper.  It was this great grayish color and so I had to do a little maneuvering to get it to be similar.  The heel was different from any other shoe I've seen and it certainly would keep me stable -- gosh, another shoe I think I need to own......

I used Quiller's turquoise and also Cobalt Teal Daniel Smith.  I used Moonlight Interference and Silver Interferace by Daniel Smith to give the heel and background a little glow.  Jeaune Brilliant for the sole.

I spent the morning getting the paintings lined up for the rest of the Challenge and worked on seeing if I could pull off a mostly white shoe on Yupo to my satisfaction -- stay tuned.

When I think of Turquoise I think of the SW desert and so it is named.
SW Desert Platform Pump  6x6 Watercolor on 300 lb rough

No comments:

Post a Comment