Saturday, January 9, 2016

Day 9 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


My Easter Pump  Watercolor 6x6 AquaBord 2" cradle
As I was lifting as my second step after spraying the background I probably could have masked more of the shoe so it wasn't so dark from the purple.  Dr. Ph. Martin Hydrus watercolors are very staining and even on AquaBord which you can usually lift back to the white doesn't lift all the way when you've used the darker staining colors.  I tried yellow first on the lifted areas but finally decided to go with the chrome yellow so the shoe would even come forward.  I might try this one again and drip the colors down the shoe as a second spraying.  Anyway, this one is done for today's painting.  I would still wear this on Easter Sunday if I had the money to buy a pair of pumps - instead it can hang it above my closet doors until someone else decides to take it to their house.  Not a bad decorating idea when you have several......  I'll post when I'm finished with this series at the end of the 30 days....

No comments:

Post a Comment