Friday, January 8, 2016

Day 8 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge



"Icy Winter Pump" Watercolor 6x6AquaBord 2" Cradle
This painting went through another stage in creating the painting I had envisioned from the beginning.  It has a totally different feel which I hope the viewer sees.  It was a little more work than I really had anticipated but I'm finished.  I didn't like the shape of the first shoe and had to add to the toe.  I wanted the background to represent a winter scene so added some white and then ended up spraying with toothbrush pearl white and the same blue in the shoe which is an Iridescent Electric Blue.  It is difficult with the shine coming off the shoe to photograph it.  It will be interesting to see when it is varnished (sealed) how that affects the color.  I learned a thing or two on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment