Thursday, January 21, 2016

Day 21 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

I picked this shoe to paint last year as one I would love to really have in my closet to wear.  I liked the darker reddish hue to the shoe's python leather and of course the trademark of the red inside heel and sole.  It was a tougher color with all the shadows to paint than I thought earlier.  I tried a number of reds, dark reds, red browns and used a number of them mixed to try and get the variety of colors in the shoe but remain homogenious(sp).  I also decided to outline with darker watercolor pencils.  In the end I also used interference red to give the color a little lift.  The background reminded me of trees in a tropical jungle where the pythons might live--safe with this painting.


Red Python Pump   Watercolor 6x6 

No comments:

Post a Comment