Saturday, January 30, 2016

Day 30 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Voila!  Today is the final day of the Challenge and I'm sad and happy at the same time.  My family will definitely be happier when there is not so much painting going on "under the gun," so to speak.  This has been an awesome experience for me and I hope a fun one as you have followed me through the days with different shoes, "pumps" being posted.  When I post the entire collection tomorrow in a collage I hope each of you will take the opportunity to look at them and it would really be fun for me to have a voting of which of the paintings were you top 2.

I started with a Valentine tribute and I wanted to end with a Valentine tribute because what a wonderful holiday to express your love to your family and friends in a special way.  Hopefully it isn't the only day where we focus on those special people in our lives.  I really loved how the marbled design radiates hearts from the shoe -- I used several pinks, reds, magentas and jeune brilliant for the inner sole.

Be My Valentine  Day 30  6x6 Watercolor on Marbled Paper
 I had one more piece of that original painting that I thought would do justice to this beautiful shoe.  The colors aren't quite as bright as I wanted but I was running out of time today.  I do have other things to get done today.  I used phthalo blue, perinone orange, Hansa Yellow Lt, Skip's Green and a touch of black to outline.
Rainbow Python Pump  6x6 Watercolor on 300 lb Watercolor paper
 There is something about this color on Yupo that makes any painting look good.  I had to rewet the background at the end and actually it is still wet when I took the photo .  I love the background and I really love how intricate the pattern on the shoe is considering they were dealing with the materials of the shoe.  Love the open toe as well.  Hmmmm  another shoe I'd love to have in my closet and I already have a few outfits to go with it.
Aqua Snakeskin Geometric Pump  6x6 Watercolor on Yupo

No comments:

Post a Comment