Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Day 26 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

I actually painted ahead a day in the event since I was so motivated.  This really is a fun and comfortable pump.  I brought out the colors a little more than the original shoe.  I don't think it is for sale any longer but I will check it out before going on my shoe shopping trip some day very soon.  It reminds me of Oregon State colors -- for all you alumni!

This is one of the backgrounds I painted at the beginning of the Challenge using the webbing and spraying with Dr. Ph. Martin Hydrus Watercolors.  I did enhance the background with a little of the Quin Coral from Daniel Smith.  I also used about three different orange reds to make the shoe "pop":  Quin Coral, Perinone Orange, and Cad Red Light--first wash.  These colors were fairly transparent and needed many layers to paint over the background.  Sometimes I like to leave it showing through but this time I was trying to paint over it.

Striped Orange and Black Platform 6x6 Watercolor on 300 lb Fabriano


No comments:

Post a Comment