Thursday, January 22, 2015

Day 22 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


Several years ago I painted a Flamenco dancer series.  My Flamenco Dancer IV was the painting featured in many of shows, used on the cover of the CD Valero! by the Otterbourne Brass in England, the cover painting of the Dade Heritage Trust in Miami, FL for its fund raiser invitation and one of the most visited paintings on my website over the years.

I put a couple paintings in the drawer and the one you see below has been cropped, and the background refreshed.  It was painted on Yupo so it is very fragile when not sealed so there needed to be some touch-ups.  I decided to center the focus on the shoes rather than the dancer because the footwork of the dance is so complex and important.  Though I had reworked it in December it has never been published on my website or been in a show.  So tonight I bring it out as part of this Challenge.
Flamenco_Magic_in_the_Shoes
Flamenco Magic In the Shoes
12x12x5/8 Cradle
Watercolor on Yupo Sealed

No comments:

Post a Comment