Monday, January 26, 2015

Day 26 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge

Country Fashion on Wheels
7 3/4 x 10 1/4
Watercolor on 300 lb Fabriano
Country Fashion on Wheels
11 x 14
Watercolor on 300 lb Fabriano


This was a fun collaboration using an image from a cycling friend of my husband.  It was fun to know what I was going to paint before placing the webbing and spraying the concentrated watercolor pigments for a change. There was a lot more detail work to get this the way I wanted it to look.  I extended the painting out as you can see from the background image to 11 x 14 but decided to crop it for the Challenge.  I like both but the smaller image definitely puts the focus on the red boot.  I liked the larger painting because it didn't place the boot in the center.  What do you think?Country_Fashion_on_Wheels


No comments:

Post a Comment