Saturday, January 24, 2015

Day 24 30 Paintings in 30 Days Challenge


The Web Master
8 x 8 Watercolor and Gouache
on 300 lb Fabriano
My inspiration for this painting came from a photo taken on one of our Fall morning walks in the neighborhood.  We came upon the perfect spider web which was glistening in the morning sun covered in dew and stretching in all directions to whatever it could find to attach itself to.  It was interesting how the spider had entwined its web around the seed pods from a bush.  When I looked at the underpaintng and saw a bit of a curve and some seed pods I pulled out my photo for reference.  I decided to use gouache to bring out the frosty web since it is more opaque.  It was lots of fun and I knew some day I would paint that web.


The_Web_Master

1 comment:

  1. Very cool! This one caught my eye on the thumbnails. Fun title too!

    ReplyDelete